Career Opportunities after Graduation
Department of Arabic Studies’ being renamed from ‘Department of Arabic’ Arabic’ following the trend of internationalization, is welcoming all. In the future, students will actively work as a professional in this local, which is still an unexplored field in Korea, by arming local studies based on a good command of Arabic.
- 1Trading companies related to the Middle East
- 2An expert specializing in Arab
- 3The Middle East Market leading to 22 countries (double major in trade, economics, business administration)
- 4A contributor specializing in Arab, a Folklorist
- 5The foreign Service Examination, the Police Officer Examination, the Agency for National Security Planning
- 6Graduate school of Arabic Studies and interpretation
- 7A teacher in middle and high school (As Arabic has been selected as a living foreign language in middle school since 2001 and the second foreign language in high school since 2002, graduates can become a teacher in middle and high school.)
Prospect and Vision
Currently, there is Department. of Arabic or Department of Arab Studies in five universities (Myongji University, Korean University of foreign Studies, Busan University of foreign Studies, Chosun University and Dankuk University). In this regard, the Department of Arabic Studies is a department that has scarcity and competitiveness. Arabic is used as a national language by about 300 million Arab and is a religious language of 1.6 billion Muslims over the world. It is also an international trade language for the oil resource market, which has a major impact on the world economy, and an international diplomatic language among six official languages of the UN.
The Department of Arabic Studies is a department that masters Arabic used in 22 Arab countries located in the Middle East and the northern Africa and systemically studies culture, politics, economy, history, and religion of Arabs with this. In the meantime, Korea has pull out foreign policy centered on minor powers in terms of diplomacy and international economy. However, according to the flows of globalization and internationalization, the essential era to understand about each region in the world has dawned. Notably, it is time to need local experts in the Arab world who have infinite potentials than ever. Arabic countries are major nations in energy resources and the largest primary market that can provide us with necessary resources and import our technology or products. They have complementary economic structure with Korea.
The Department of Arabic Studies is reinforcing Arabic conversational education through an Arabic professor and focusing on developing language abilities. During vacation, students are encouraged to take a short-term language training in Arab countries, through which they can foster their field senses as well as language and develop field applicable ability.
The Department of Arab Studies makes the student develop appropriate qualifications as an Arab expert by educating them in literature, culture, politics, economy, history, and religion to understand Arab as well as language ability, and makes them to expand into diverse fields demanded by the nation and society.