Career Opportunities after Graduation
After graduation, students will be given the opportunity to work for library and information management agencies including every library and will show their abilities as a professional librarian or specialized job for information there.
- 1Library or information center librarian and professional librarian categorized by subjects (university library, specialized library, public library)
- 2Teacher librarian (elementary, middle or high school library)
- 3Library or software programmer of the information management center, information network system designer or analyst, information searcher and ancient documents information searcher, publishing or information technology specialist, web information classification and list specialist
- 4Overseas Koreanology librarian or foreign librarian
What qualification can I acquire, when I graduate?
- 1Second level full-time librarian license (all graduates, issue by Library Association)
- 2Teacher librarian license (10% of maximum number, certified by Ministry of Education & Human Resources Development)
Prospects and Vision
Considering the stages of school library development in advanced countries and the flow of modern society, it is clear that the function and weight of information service institutions and secondary school libraries in Korea will gradually increase. As the demand for information management specialists and librarians will increase gradually, our department tries to foster creative and active human resources who meet these social environments. The 21st century society is characterized by the rapid expansion of knowledge information and at the same time, the development of information and communication technologies that preserve and transmit information. In order to contribute to this knowledge-based society environment, the department's education objective is to foster information management professionals, having both information management practical skills and knowledge of library and information science.