Correct interpretation and analytic ability about historical facts and materials are being cultivated through conducting systemic education about history in general, such as the theory of historical studies, Korean history, Eastern history and Western history.
|Location||Main Bldg. 7F|
Introduction and Characteristics
Alumni of this department are advancing to each field of society based on history major. A master's degree or doctor’ program of history major is also available for graduates. In the case that students complete a course in teaching, they can obtain a teacher certificate and at present, many graduates are working as a schoolteachers in all levels. They also acquire a master’s or doctor’s degree and are advancing to become a professor or instructor. In addition, they are actively participating in various fields, such as curators in public or private museums, guides for the exploration of historical remains, and tour guides publishers
- 1Develop fundamental learning abilities to study, understand and know well fundamental historical evidence of Korean history, Eastern history and Western history
- 2Develop analytic and integrated abilities to describe the whole aspect of each period and society by synthesizing case-by-case historical records and facts
- 3Develop abilities to decipher and translate historical records written by foreign language
- 4Develop abilities for the awareness of history & culture and field senses to take the experience from exploring historic sites in one’s own way and create them.
- 5Develop ability for the international awareness: vision to diagnose the Korean and world realty and present more desirable human image of the future as a scholar of history and humanities