Leave of Absence
Type of Leave of Absence
- 1General Leave of Absence, Sick Leave of Absence: Taking a leave of absence due to illness, accident, family situation or other unavoidable reasons.
- If the leave of absence period is less than four-fifths of the class days, the semester will not be accepted. After four fifths or more of the class days have passed, the semester will be accepted. (Scores will be given)
- Regular leave of absence cannot be accepted for freshmen, transfers, re-entry in that semester.
- If you are going to take a leave of absence due to illness, you must attach a certificate of general hospital medical report (more than 4 weeks).
- The general leave of absence cannot exceed two semesters (one year) with one time, but the leave of absence can be extended on a yearly basis.
- However, from 2010 school year, the regular and sick leave cannot exceed 5 years (10 semesters) in total.
- 2Military leave of absence: In case of enlisted in the military by notice of enlistment
- The student, given a notice of enlistment, may take a leave of absence at any time during the school year.
- If you receive a notice of enlistment during leave of absence, you must submit a military leave of absence again.
- In the case of enlisting less than two-thirds of the school day from the commencement of the semester (as of enlisting date), the semester grades will not be recognized. In case of enrolled after two-thirds of the class are considered to have completed the semester.
- If the enlistment is canceled by the military, a return notice to the Academic Support Team must be made within seven days.
Leave of Absence Period
- 1General Leave of Absence: Registration period of each semester (1st Semester -end of January 2nd semester-end of July)
※ General leave of absence is allowed only during the leave of absence.
- 2Sick Leave and Military Leave of Absence: During the year when the cause is generated
Leave of Absence Procedure
- 1General leave of absence: General leave of absence: Apply through Myiweb of Myongji University, subject to approval by the academic support team.
- 2Sick leave and Military Leave of Absence: If students have any reason, they can apply for a leave of absence by visiting the academic support team. (With a general hospital certificate, enlistment notice).
Payment of the student with leave of absence:
If the student pays the full semester's tuition during leave of absence, the tuition fee will be waived upon returning to school.
Return to school
Type of return
- 1Return: When a leave of absence has expired, it is possible to re-enroll
- 2Early Return: Returning for taking seasonal classes in previous semester
- 3Disagreement Return: The returnee who is scheduled to the upcoming semester 1, actually returns to school the following semester 2, not vice-versa
- 1Apply through Myiweb, Myongji University, and the academic support team approve it..
- 2General leavers, who have not completed the process of returning to school after one year or extending their leave of absence after one year, and military leavers who do not return to school within one year of discharge, both cases are expelled.
- 3Among military leavers who discharged within 3 weeks after the semester started, it is possible to enroll for that semester.